8.16.2010

Weekend Brunch.

This weekend was wonderfully relaxing, filled with lots of time in the sunshine, brunches with friends and catching up on my summer reading.  Having back to back brunch on Saturday and Sunday not only spoiled me but gave me new appreciation for the more creative side of eggs...

Kendall Square.

 
They always bring a smile.

Saturday brought me over to Cambridge where a girlfriend and I had a rather relaxed brunch at The Friendly Toast.  Too hungry to wait we saddled up at their eclectic bar and ordered a couple Bloody's - extra spicy.  The menu is half a dozen pages long but I finally settled on Ole Miss. What cinched it was the mashed chipotle sweet potatoesThe mango sour cream didn't hurt either...

My new hot spot.


 
Scrambled.
Served over homemade cayenne-cheddar toast.


The spoofs on name brands provided many laughs.

Sunday I got the chance to meet up with good friends that were home visiting from the west coast.  The commuter rail runs right into Providence so we spent the afternoon in Wayland Square.  Having hours to burn, we grabbed a leisurely brunch at Red Stripe.  I ordered the Poached Eggs Over BBQ Pork Hash. I love when a food usually left to lunch or dinner finds it way into breakfast dishes...

Red Stripe tree.

Poached.
They use a Guatemalan salsa recipe.

Already looking forward to the next brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment