8.24.2010

Restaurant Week.

Whoever thought of Restaurant Week, I would like to hug around the neck and then thank profusely.  What a marvelous idea.  My girlfriend and I were lucky enough to dine at MistralIt's one of the cities finest eateries...

Trendy sitting area.


If you insist.

Now I know why it's on the top of every restaurant list.  The atmosphere is chic, the food is to die for, it was so much fun just to say I went.  Onto the good stuff...

First course.

Not wanting food envy, my friend and I ordered the same appetizer and entree.  We began with a lovely  Chilled Summer Corn Soup with Avocado & Jumbo Lump Crab, finished with a jalapeno oil.  We didn't realize how smart it was was until our Skillet Roasted Sirloin with “Pommes de Terres Lyonnaise”, Crumbled English Stilton & Port Wine Sauce arrvied. There was no way we were willing to share...

Second course.

Dessert was a different story.  Wanting the best of both worlds, we happily split the Dark Chocolate Mousse and Warm Peach & Almond Tarte with Vanilla Ice Cream and Basil SyrupYou can bet I'll be back next year...

Third course.

Part two.

No comments:

Post a Comment