8.10.2010

Lo Conte's.

One of the best meals I've had in recent memory was at Lo Conte's in the North EndFrom start to finish it was spectacular...

Their featured red.

Dinner anywhere on a Tuesday night is generally quiet but the lack of bustle certainly didn't take away from the atmosphere.  Open face brick walls, beautiful sconces hung over the tables (they are the only light source), and a table by the window looking onto Salem Street was lovely...

A never-ending bowl.

Up first was an enormous bowl of sauteed mussels. They were great but what made them out of this world was the broth they were cooked in. I wanted to pick the bowl up and drink it like a little kid.  It was that good...

Next came a beautiful Caprese salad.  Fresh tomatoes, even fresher mozzarella, basil with balsamic vinegar.  Mind you, we did not order it, it just showed up like it was supposed to be there.  You know, 'on the house'I felt like Carmela Soprano but in a much cooler, non Mafioso husband kind of way...

 

Forgetaboutit.

If I wasn't already won over by Lo Conte's, the entrees sealed the deal.  Gnocchi Spezzatino and Lobster Ravioli.  The latter was unavailable for photograph because it disappeared so quickly.  By far the best lobster ravioli I've ever had.  Bold statement but trust me the goods back it up.  As for the potato gnocchi, it was also outstandingServed with sauteed veal, mushrooms, fresh basil, sun dried tomatoes in a delicious red sauce...


Nothing beats homemade carbohydrates.

I couldn't possibly fit another thing, dashing my hopes of ending the night with a chocolate covered cannoliIf it weren't for my waistline, I would eat here as much as possible...


A digestive pause turned into
a pretty walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment