8.22.2010

I Need a New Hobby.

For whatever reason I have been in a baking frenzy the last month!  My most recent (and most successful) endeavor was a breakfast bread I made for out of town guests.  And I nailed it.  This recipe knocks it out of the park and beyond...

CHOCOLATE CHIP ORANGE ZUCCHINI BREAD

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 TBSP orange zest
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9x5 loaf pans.

Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices.



Note to self: invest in a sifter.

In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add sugar, and continue beating until well blended. Stir in oil, vanilla, zucchini, nuts, chocolate chips, and orange rind. Blend in sifted ingredients.

Zucchinis are abundant right now, this is a great
way to use a couple extras up.

These make the bread feel dessert-like.

Confession:  when I started looking for recipes this is the first one I found.  I turned my nose up and blew right past it because I thought oranges had no business in my zucchini bread.  Little did I know...

The surprise that makes this bread outstanding.

Turn batter into your two greased loaf pans and bake for 50 minutes, or until bread tests done. Remove loaves from pans, and cool. Chill before slicing.

We ate the entire loaf
in two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment