6.08.2010

My Summer Reading List.

My summer reading list is also my spring, fall and winter reading list.  Ever growing.  Always a book or three that I want to dig into on top of the one I'm already reading.  It's probably a blessing in disguise that I can't read more than one book at a time, if I could, I might never finish one...

Few things beat a good book on a hot (or not so hot) beach day.  Throw in some fresh Bing cherries and you're got yourself an afternoon of reading and absentmindedly spitting cherry pits in a pile in the sand in front of you.  Before you know it hours pass in what feels like a matter of minutes...

What's on said reading list?  One of countless books:  Little Bee by Chris Cleave.

My most recent endeavor.

We don't want to tell you WHAT HAPPENS in this book.
It is a truly SPECIAL STORY and we don't want to spoil it.
NEVERTHELESS, you need to know enough to buy it, so we will just say this:

That is how the back of this book's cover reads.  Of course you're hooked - he doesn't tell you anything!  Who doesn't love an air of mystery?  I will not ruin the e v a s i v e nature of Cleave's summary but I will say this - get through the first 10 pages.  Once you get through them the book will grab you by the seat of your pants and take you on a RollEr coaSter ride.

While not based on a true story, the events that take place in the novel are meant to bring an awareness to ongoing issues.  It will break your heart and put it back together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment