5.25.2010

The South End Buttery.

It should be known that I have a soft spot in my heart for all things cupcake (probably from the amount of cholesterol in them coupled with the mass quantity that I consume them). I go out of my way for cupcakes. They belong in their own food group. I would eat them for breakfast. And that is exactly what I did on Saturday morning...

I did not undergo this endeavor alone. Oh, no, no, I had an accomplice. One of my best friends had to work on Saturday morning *the horror* and thought she could scoot into Cambridge and back to suburbia without visiting. So I pulled my Ace.


I'm pleased to introduce to you the South End Buttery. A local favorite bakery/cafe here in the South End. Not sure if you heard, I live there now and that makes me a local. And local = street cred. Back to the cupcakes...

They are serious about their cupcakes at South End Buttery. Serious as in they have an entirely separate cupcake menu dedicated to them. You're probably wondering what a cupcake fanatic might order at such a place. My go to is chocolate with chocolate frosting and was not on the menu. My second favorite, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, known as The Harriet, was. And it was fantastic! It was 93% shredded carrot with a little bit of cinnamon spice cake holding it together. The best part was and always should be the frosting. Not too sweet, high frosting to cupcake ratio and finger lickin' good.

My partner in crime had The Red Velvet. It was alright. We'd both been talking about cupcakes and neither had ever had a red velvet cupcake before so she wanted to try it. The cake itself was dry and the flavor didn't blow me away like I thought it would. Not to worry, I'd go back tonight if it was open at this hour...

Even my four legged friend wanted to try!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny, LB. Same post, same night? Obviously we had cupcakes on the brain, LOL!

    ReplyDelete